Introduction – Highest Paying Jobs of 2022
2022 has been a great year so far for the job economy of the United States of America. It is a year of mass recruitment and massive job vacancies. Unemployment is at its lowest since 2020 and job seekers are finding great opportunities across the country. In fact work flexibility and the possibility of regularly working from home has allowed many new job opportunities to become mainstream.
In our earlier blog, we discussed the American sectors that are on a hiring spree in 2022. In this blog, we are going to go further into what are the highest paying jobs in USA in these very sectors with a brand new addition to our existing list – the Tech Sector!
COMPUTER & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SECTOR
At Tobu, we are extremely passionate about the tech industry, so we decided to start off this blog with an ode to our industry. The Tech sector has been growing by leaps and bounds especially with Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, IoT (Internet of Things) and Data Science.
Tobu is a part of the AI and Machine Learning innovation in the Tech sector. We have built the world’s first Email Resume Extraction software that is AI-powered. It collects, parses and builds analytical reports for recruiters with a simple one-click email integration. Check out our video demo to learn more.
This year, according to CompTIA, the American tech industry is adding 178,000 jobs in 48 states including the IT business hubs of New York and Silicon Valley.
The highest paid tech jobs in USA for 2022 are:
- Software Architect – $114,000
- Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions Architect – $130,000
- Big Data Engineer – $140,000
- Blockchain Engineer – $150,000
- Data Scientist – $150,000
The American education sector is a booming job market for educators and affiliated professionals. With a projected growth rate of 6.01% this industry will offer approximately 920,500 jobs from 2020 to 2030.
Some of the highest paid jobs in USA come from the education sector. Take a look at the top 5 most paid education jobs:
- Superintendent of a school district: average pay – $133,606 to $193,983
- School Principals: average pay – $86,970 to $129,480
- Chief Academic Officers: average pay – $92,622 to $158,000
- Assistant Principal: average pay – $66,697 to $89,406
- Academic Deans: average pay – $47,130 to $83,710
Teachers for high school, elementary and middle school are in the top 10 highest paid educational jobs in the USA.
The Healthcare Sector is the hero sector since the pandemic of 2020. However, healthcare is not just a commercial industry but also an essential service. Bearing this in mind, one must note that the salaries in this sector come at quite high cost when compared with work-life balance 9 to 5 jobs.
Take a look at the most paid healthcare jobs in 2022:
- Cardiologist: $353,970
- Anesthesiologists: $331,190
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons: $311,460
- Emergency Medicine Physicians: $310,640
- Orthopedic Surgeons: $306,220
FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR
American financial services is one of the toughest and most financial rewarding industries in the world. The USA is where most new financial innovations take place. The Financial Services Sector of America is the leader and benchmark for all other countries to follow.
Current hiring trends indicate that there are approximately 304,000 new job openings in the US Finance Sector.
These are the top 5 highest paid jobs in the Financial Services Industry:
- Hedge Fund Analyst: $200,000
- Actuary: $125,000
- Chief Financial Officer: $123,265
- Private Equity Associate: $100,000
- Investment Banker: $90,000
FOOD & HOSPITALITY SECTOR:
This is one industry that has taken off since the COVID-19 restrictions were eased and then completely removed by US President Joe Biden. Many new restaurants and hotel establishments are springing up across the nation and driving up the numbers in the food and hospitality industry.
Following are the 5 most paid jobs in the food & hospitality sector of USA:
- Casino Director: $142,302
- Executive Chef: $ 64,990
- Hotel General Manager: $ 50,313
- Restaurant Manager: $ 49,294
- Sommelier: $ 48,476
LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORTATION SECTOR:
This sector is literally the vehicle for the growth of the American eCommerce industry. The Logistics and Transportation sector is recovering in the post-pandemic 2022 scenario. According to industry reports there will be a minimum of 350,000 job openings in 2022 in this industry.
Now, here are the 5 highest paid jobs in this sector:
- Commercial Pilot: $130,440
- Air Traffic Controller: $130,420
- Railroad Workers: $64,210
- Water Transportation Workers: $59,250
- Flight Attendants: $59,050
This blog highlights some of the highest paid jobs in 2022 for Americans. However, the nation is showing a strong economic recovery and the stage is set for financially rewarding careers for almost everyone ready to hustle.